- Mary Jo’s gave the club a lesson in organization with her mini-seminar titled “Let’s Get Organized!” Mary Jo shared her three keys to organization and her three myths of organization. She then took questions from the audience and used her personal experience to suggest solutions.
- Sol talked about the importance of music in his life, and shared some of his favorite tunes in “My Life in Music So Far.” As he was talking about these songs, Sol also sang for us. We expect to see him performing at the Granada sometime soon!!
- Ron’s speech, “Security in a Nutshell,” provided tips for personal security, protecting your possessions, and protecting your electronic activity – remember to change those passwords!!
Our Awardmaster was Kristina
- Lili was awarded Best Table Topics for telling us what gives her a sense of security at home: cars parked in front of house, secure windows and (of course!) a full pantry!
- Best Evaluator went to Alyce for her evaluation of Mary Jo’s speech.
- The award for Best Speaker went to Mary Jo for her mini-seminar on getting organized.
In his Rooney, Larry lamented the fact that his frugal ancestry compels him to buy cheap underwear at the 99¢ store, they wear out quickly and frequently cause him great discomfort.
Mark your calendars! Below are some upcoming Toastmaster events:
Officer Training – Saturday, January 31, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Registration opens at 8:30). There is a $5 donation at registration. Training will beheld at the Citrix GoToCafé, 7414 Hollister Ave, Goleta 93117. Come early to get the good breakfast treats!
March 3 – Tall Tales Contest during Mission Chapter Meeting
March 10 – International Contest during Mission Chapter meeting
Saturday, March 21 – Area Contest – details will be sent closer to the event.