- In the speech, “Yucky Yuccas,” Grace told us about a quiet Easter Sunday that was disrupted when her guard dog/resident Jack Russell terrier alerted her to an intruder: a yucca tree in their neighbor’s yard had the temerity to fall on Grace‘s fence and shed on a holiday weekend when the neighbors were away. While some people would call a tree removal company, Grace has that DIY gene that required that she solve the problem on her own – by cutting it up and burying it in her yard…
- Larry described his family tree back to 25 million dads ago in his speech, “My Dads.” This was quite an amazing feat – who knew that Ancestry.com went back that far! Larry talked about some of the characters in his past, including Bonzo, Larry the Lemur, and Shu Shu the tree shrew.
- Mary Jo put put on her sales hat in her speech, “Scarves Galore.” She conducted a sales training course that educated the club on the importance of accessorizing, and the simplicity of accomplishing this by just adding a scarf. The men were especially excited to learn that they could use scarves as tourniquets!
Award Master: Ron
- Mary Jo received the Best Speaker Award
- Best Evaluator went to Wayne for his evaluation of Mary Jo’s speech
- Richard received the award for Best Table Topics