Speaking Tip: Jen
Speakers: Julie, Lynne, Ron
Table Topics: Christine
General Evaluator: Cindy
Evaluators: Azim, Mary Jo, Liz
Word of the Day: Laura
Ah Counter: Matt
- Cindy’s speech, “Overcoming the Spectre of Death,” described how the lessons learned in her three years at Toastmasters has helped her overcome the fear of death by public speaking.
- In the speech, “Energy Blocks,” Kristina demonstrated that she definitely does not have ANY energy blocks! Kristina talked about the “internal voices” that create mental blocks that keep you from achieving your goals, and how to overcome those blocks.
- Azim’s speech, “Preview of My Upcoming Speech Project,” was just that – a solar energy tutorial to prepare us for future speeches on the topic.
- The award for Best Table Topics went to Julie for her description of her favorite “road food.” During a 5-day trip when she was younger, her parents got her hot chocolate every morning. Today, hot chocolate is one of her comfort foods, and brings back fond memories of that trip.
- Justin received the award for Best Evaluator for his evaluation of Azim’s speech.
- The Best Speaker award went to Kristina for her informative and exceptionally energetic speech about energy blocks.
In her Rooney, Mary Jo worried that things are happening so fast today that she just wants to hide out in her house. However, after trying that, she went out to get food and was thoroughly confused by the transformation of local Vons stores to a new brand, Haggens. Mary Jo is now becoming a farmer and will never leave her house again…
Toastmaster Officer training will be held Saturday, July 25 from 8:30 a.m. until Noon at the Citrix GoTo Cafe location. Members are encouraged to attend!